In addition to traditional CASA advocacy, Advocates for Children-CASA offers multiple other services to families in our community. Advocates for Children-CASA’s Learning Casa will offer students access to technology and ongoing tutoring to help them accomplish their academic goals. Success in learning is vital to our children’s futures and many students in our community lack necessary resources to keep them at grade level, let alone allowing them to achieve beyond that point.
The objective of the Learning Casa is to give these children and adolescents another tool to help them on their learning journey. The Learning Casa matches students with an ongoing tutor who will be available to them once a week. In addition, they will have access to a bank of computers to complete their assignments or for ongoing educational resources.
Advocates for Children-CASA’s Learning Casa is here to help you achieve your learning goals! At the Learning Casa, you will have access to a computer lab, tutors who can help you one-on-one or in a group of other students, interactive learning technology, and a reading nook with a library of fiction and non-fiction books.
The first time we meet you, we’ll ask you to tell us your educational goals, and we’ll create a plan with you to meet those goals. We are also going to ask you to tell us:
- What you like about school
- What school subjects you are great at
- What school subjects you would like help with
- What you like to do outside of school
- One interesting fact about yourself
For parents and professionals:
Students of all ages, grades, and abilities are welcome to utilize the services and technology at Advocates for Children-CASA’s Learning Casa. To refer a student, please call 303.695.1882 or visit our website at www.adv4children.org/contact and send us a message.
Please include the following information in your referral:
- Your name and contact information
- The student’s name and contact information
- Any details you can provide about subjects or areas in which the student needs extra help
Students must be able to find their own transportation to the Learning Casa.
Advocates for Children-CASA’s Learning Casa needs the help of volunteers to tutor students in one-on-one or group settings, and to be available in the computer lab to help students who are working independently.
Learning Casa volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or have a parent’s permission
- Complete Advocates for Children-CASA’s application process
- Consent to a criminal and Department of Human Services background check
- Attend a one hour “CASA 101” training
- Sign up for a two hour time slot once a week
- Commit to six months of service
To learn more or start the application process, please call 303.695.1882.