Volunteer Involvement and In-Kind Contributions 2015-16 Fiscal Year
- 437 CASA volunteers served 841 abused and neglected children.
- 192,454 miles driven by CASAs to visit families, attend court, meet with other professionals, provide transportation for children to appointments or to visits, etc.
- 1,487 parent/child visits and 274 sibling visits provided by CASA volunteers
- $41,785 expenses paid out-of-pocket by CASA volunteers
- 63,482 contacts with children, families, professionals, foster parents, teachers, doctors, etc. through their advocacy services on behalf of children
- 23,872 hours donated by CASA volunteers valued at $51/hour by National CASA
- $1,368,956 – value of hours, mileage and out-of-pocket expenses donated by CASA volunteers
- $15,450 – value of donated office space in Aurora by Pioneer Centres and the Multicultural Mosaic Foundation
- $2,700 – value of donated office space in Elizabeth by Elizabeth’s Olde Hotel Square
- $4,616 – value of computer support services donated by Go West IT
- Services and items donated by numerous individuals and organizations, including office space in the Arapahoe County Justice Center; office space in the Douglas County Sheriff’s office; backpacks of school supplies; toys and books; holiday gifts and gift certificates; eye exams, eyeglasses and dental services for children; auction items for fundraisers; food and supplies for children’s parties and Legacy meetings; beds, cribs, car seats and other furniture for children; and camp scholarships.
Donated items were supplemented by funds from The Melvin & Elaine Wolf Foundation for “Kids Needs,” as identified by our CASA volunteers for children on their assigned cases.