Access essential resources to support your journey as a Volunteer.
Learn more about becoming a Volunteer and the required training process below.
Complete your required Continuing Education hours with suggested movies, books, podcasts, and events.
Access essential resources for CASA children and youth, families, and care providers.
Volunteer Training Information
All CASA Volunteers & Mentors are required to complete the New Volunteer Training curriculum. This training consists of 32 hours over the span of three weeks. Training is a combination of webinars or face-to-face sessions, court observation, reading, videos, and quizzes, some of which can be done on your own time.
All Volunteers must also complete the fingerprint and background check forms found here.
Continuing Education Information
We are excited to share resources and ideas for how you can get your 12 hours of continuing education this year. Scroll down to see monthly offerings and lists of suggested resources.
- Continuing Ed Hours are counted from July 1 to June 30th.
- You need one hour per month to meet National standards. You can get more hours in a month if that works best for you.
- Remember to record your continuing education hours in Optima.
- Your hours are prorated if you are sworn in after July of the current year.
- September 2020 – 9 hours
- January 2021 – 5 hours
- March 2021 – 3 hours
Download the FAQ document to see answers to common questions.
Summary Response Guideline for Optima
In order for your continuing education hours to be approved in Optima you will need to put the title and what type of material it was (book, video, presentation, podcast, article). Please add the following information:
- Summarize main points.
- How will this help you in your role as a volunteer?
- Does this information apply to your current case? If so, how will you use it?
- Would you reccomend that other volunteers watch this? Why or why not?
- Advocates for Children CASA Volunteer Handbook (2023)
- Legacy Mentor Guide 2023
- Advocates for Children CASA Tutor Resource Guide
- Resources about Race from CO CASA
- Courageous Allyship Resource Guide
- National CASA Reading List
- National CASA Movie & Documentary List
- CASA Movie List
- Educational Resource Guide 2022
- 2021 Victims Rights Act Brochure
Suscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive updates on the latest news and upcoming events!
Donations Help Support Our Mission
Even a donation as small as $25 can help a child in need.
16965 Pine Lane #120
Parker, CO 80134
Tel: (303) 695-1882
Fax: (303) 695-4332